THE COLD CUTS PIZZA ROLL
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER COLD CUTS AND END PIECES OF CHEESE
Everyone loves fresh sliced cold cuts on fresh baked bread, so what happens when they’re still sitting in the fridge after a couple of days? You reinvent them!!!
BUTTER AND CORN MEAL (TO COAT THE TRAY)
COLD CUTS (I LIKE TO USE A COMBINATION OF HAM, TURKEY, MORTATELLA AND PORCETTA)
END PIECES OF CHEESE
1-2 CUPS OF GRATED PARMESAN
Get a pizza tray, rub butter all over, and then add corn meal to cover the surface and the sides. (Shake off excess)
Let your pizza dough grow and gently stretch it to the trays edges.
3. While your pizza dough is growing, gather your cold cuts and grate, slice and dice.
4. Next, your end pieces of cheese – grate the cheese and combine with a whole mozzarella and a couple handfuls of Parmesan cheese.
5. Using your hands mix it together. (Hint: The parmesan cheese will absorb the moisture and won’t let the cold cuts and cheese clump together)
6. Spread mixture on all but 3-4 inches of dough.
7. Fold dough over once.
8. Then fold one more time so it looks like a giant roll.
9. Gently move your pizza/cold cut roll diagonally on the tray then snip opening 1 inch apart so the steam can escape.
Bake at 400 degrees until golden.
Cut and serve.
Perfect for when you don't know what to make, when the boys are watching football with friends, or just to treat yourself to some melted cheese comfort food.